El Clapo creates authentic-sounding handclap tracks with full control of crowd size, timing, dynamics, mic positioning, and more.
Handclaps remain a staple of popular music and film post, but in drum emulation software, synthesizers, and sound libraries, handclaps are treated as an afterthought. To get them to sound close to realistic, you have to go through a lot of complicated processing, sample layering, and track nudging.
El Clapo is a one-of-a-kind plugin that can generate ultra-realistic handclap tracks, from a single intimate-sounding handclap, to a raucous mob of 150 head-bangers. El Clapo even lets you control how sober or intoxicated the crowd is with adjustable round-robin timing control. It also features three mic adjustable positions with control of close/mid/room blend and width.
Mic position controls also feature solo buttons and FX buttons that give you access to full-featured compressors and equalizers. El Clapo also features MIDI velocity control, panning, and a step sequencer with 12 editable patterns.
Gatey Watey has one feature that we believe every gate should have; frequency selective attenuation. What this means, is that you can tell Gatey Watey to only attenuate the high frequencies (or the low frequencies, if you’re into that sort of thing) when the input drops below the threshold.
This turns out to be super powerful when it comes to gating drums, electric guitars, or pretty much anything that requires a gate. For example, if you want to cut the high hat bleed out of a snare without killing the ring of the snare, Gatey Watey is your man. Do you want your distorted guitars to ring out without your neighbor’s fluorescent light collection blaring through your pickups? Gatey Watey to the rescue. Even in normal gating situations, Gatey Watey excels. You just tell it what to turn down, and how much to turn it down.
El Clapo Unique Features
- Easily generate ultra-realistic handclaps, from an intimate-sounding single clap to an out-of-control mob of 150
- Great for music and film post-production
- Three adjustable mic positions; close/mid and room
- Close and Room mic controls each feature a fully adjustable compressor with mix knob, 4-band EQ, and width control
- “Slop” control lets you adjust how tight or loose the claps
- Simple, straightforward interface with access to advanced controls including velocity-sensing MIDI curve control, panning, timing, layer, and CPU-saving round-robin settings
- Built-in step sequencer with 12 editable patterns and adjustable speed